LSU IRB #7381
Participation in the study will require the following:
- Reading and signing the study consent forms and HIPAAs.
- Receiving the acknowledgement for the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Screening in-person or online via Skype/FaceTime.
- Completion of screening questionnaires.
- Testing session with the neuropsychologist and psychometrician.
- Urine testing for recreational drugs of abuse before and during treatment.
- Pregnancy testing before and during treatment.
- A two-hour history and physical exam with Dr. Harch.
- Three or four 6-hour computer/written cognitive testing and questionnaire sessions.
- Forty Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) sessions over eight weeks (one 1-hour session/day, five days/week) in New Orleans.
- A one-hour exit session with Dr. Harch at the conclusion of the forty HBOTs.